Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Summer recipes: Lemon Tea Cakes



Lemon Tea Cakes


I was searching the web looking for an old fashioned tea cakes recipe like my grandmother made when I was a child. I came across a lemon tea cake recipe originally published by Taste of Home. I love to cook and try new recipes with some customizing to fit me and my taste.  My family loved them. I am looking forward to making these my next visit to see my 87 year old grandmother. They are good, but still not hers.  Here is my version of Lemon Tea Cakes. 


 Lemon Tea Cakes Recipe

  • Prep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
  • Yield: about 5 batches using mini muffin pan 
*If using a regular muffin pan, bake about 12-15 minutes. 
Ingredients

  • 1-1/2 cups butter baking sticks
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 2-1/4 cups sugar
  • 6 eggs
  • 6 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons lemon extract
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
Glaze:
  • 4  1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons 2% milk
  • 3-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract

Directions

  • In a large bowl, cream the butter baking sticks, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the lemon juice, extracts and lemon peel. Add flour; beat just until moistened.
  • Fill greased mini muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. They should be a golden color.  Cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
  • In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Dip tops of cakes into glaze; you can also spoon glaze on top of cakes.   Place cakes on waxed paper to dry.
ENJOY!



ENJOYE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More